Friday, December 26, 2008

Gingerbread Houses with the Blood Kids! 12/26

Another tradition we have is to make and decorate Gingerbread Houses.  We invited the Blood kids over to help us.  They are moving to Utah soon, and we wanted a party with the kids before they left. Paisley, Brylin, Seth, and Jared each picked a side and begin transforming the plain brown into a rainbow of confectionary delights.
The best part of making the gingerbread house is sampling the candy.  Hayley and Paisley had a fun time decorating their own gingerbread persons.
Brant had the most fun sampling.  I think his favorites were the Hot Tamales.  He loved them, and it surprised me because the first time Hayley had  Hot Tamales was when she was his age. After she tasted it she took it out of her mouth and put it in the refrigerator because it was too hot.  
Here is Emilee's gingerbread person.  Notice the smile on both Emilee and the gingerbread person.  They are the same, she really wanted me to see that.
I was able to snap this photo of them.  We really enjoyed getting to know this family.  We love them and wish them much happiness in Utah.  We love you Blood family.  Good Luck to You!

3 comments:

Jennifer Pfaff said...

It's so sad they left. They are a great family. We had them over for games before they left, I wish we would of gotten together with them more. :(

The Geiser Family said...

Love your December marathon of posts. Sometimes when I'm in it it feels crazy and then I look back I am amazed at all we did and how much we enjoyed doing it.

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

I can't believe I missed this post...I only check the most recent at the top of my list and Bryce happened upon it today. Thank you for being so sweet. We really do miss you.