Sunday, December 21, 2008

Phoenix Zoo 11/11


Matt had the day off which is rare and so we packed up the kids and took them to the Phoenix Zoo.  The weather was awesome and the kids were very happy to get out of the house and away from homeschooling.  We really enjoyed watching the monkeys and oh yeah the baboons were cool too.
Hayley and Emilee have a very special relationship.  Emilee really loves her older sister and wants to do everything she does.  It is very sweet,  and Hayley is really great about it.  Matt and I joke that the kids listen to Hayley far better than they listen to us.  She will be a great Mom some day.  
Okay here is proof that I was there.  Yes I am usually taking the pictures, but Matt grabbed this one of me as I was packing Samantha to the next exhibit.  Notice the map in her hands,  she carried that map through the whole zoo and kept it safe for a few days more after that.
We had a wild hair and decided to rent the bicycle built for a family.  Matt and I took turns with the kids pumping the bike through the zoo.  We had a hard time at first and then realized that the break was still on.  OUCH!  It ran much better after we solved that little problem.  When Matt and I weren't on, we were pushing in the back to get up hills.  It was fun!  Not sure we will do it every time.
The kids trying to make the bike go, but realizing that Mom and Dad would have to help after all.  

1 comment:

The Geiser Family said...

I did not see those there. They look like so much fun. I LOVE how you embrace life. You are really such and awesome example to me : )