Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Decorating Cookies 12/24

Every year we do a number of things.  One of them is decorating Christmas Cookies.  I remember decorating Christmas Cookies as a kid every year.  My grandmother Doxey, (we called her this because she hated her first name "Edna") started this tradition and it is one of my fondest memories of her.
My kids love decorating cookies.  I am not sure it is for the same reason that I still love doing it.  I would guess the huge amounts of sugar and getting to eat them are the reasons right now that they love this tradition.  I am always surprised the time and effort they take in decorating their cookie, even though they will just turn around and eat it a second later.
This time of year reminds me of my grandmother often.  I am so glad she left me with this tradition to share with my children.  Here Jared is showing off his snowman with extra thick frosting.  We usually like to kid Jared about his eating habits.  I always tell him he would like any food as long as it is covered in chocolate or another sweet thing. 

No comments: