Sunday, December 21, 2008

Emilee is Six! 12/19

We have a tradition in our family when the birthday child gets to pick every meal for the day and also picks the family activity on their birthday.  Emilee decided she wanted donuts for breakfast, and she had tacos for dinner and then we went to Castles and Coasters and played a round of golf.  She was so excited that it was her birthday that she woke up very early.  I told her to come lay down with Mommy while we wait for everyone else to wake up.  We had a great time at Castles and Coasters - we just let the kids play any hole they wanted.  So the game lasted alot longer.  We didn't keep score, we just had fun.  It was great and we will probably be doing it again real soon.
Another tradition we have is that the brothers and sisters build a present castle around the birthday child.  They love this and whats great is that they came up with the tradition all on their own.  I asked Emilee what her favorite part of her birthday is and she said all of it.  I love being able to give them one perfect day.  What is great is that my kids give me a perfect day back for my birthday.  Every year Emilee tells me that I won't have to yell at her at all on my birthday.  She always keeps this promise.  I have one day a year I do not have to get upset or ask a hundred times for something to be done.  They all make sure I have a perfect day too.  I love that.  

3 comments:

Mendy said...

I love birthday traditions. We do the same "birthday week" treatment at our house too. The kids love getting to pick every meal. It's funny to me that we both have Emily and Emilee and they are both turning 6! Crazy...great minds name alike!

Jennifer Pfaff said...

You are such an awesome Mom!! You have great kids!! Our birthday tradition is letting them pick where we go for dinner. Last year we went to Burger King for Jace, Taco Bell for Josh, and Red Lobster for Jake. Guess you know who costs the most in our family! :)

The Geiser Family said...

I love it, look how happy Hayley is in the background (and its not even her birthday!). You are a great mom and you have wonderful kids : )